For students attending: Waubonsee Community College
Who plan to major in: Computer Information Systems
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENG 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: ART (100-106), ENG (211-265), HIS, HUM, PHL, or RLG.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: ANT, ECN, GEO, IDS (110-220), PSC, PSY (NOT 200), SSC, or SOC.
- D. Political Science Elective – Choose one course from Political Science.
- E. Science Electives - Choose four courses from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Geology, or Physics (221 or above). Two courses must be in the same subject and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Free Electives - Choose four courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Computer Information Systems degree:
|WCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MTH 131||Calculus with Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MTH 132 or BUS 207||Calculus with Analytic Geometry II or Business Statistics||MATH 152 or BUS 221 (Math Elect)|
|CIS 150||Java Programming||CS 115 and 116|
|CIS 230||Advanced Java||CS 331|
|PSY 100||Introduction to Psychology||PSYC 221|
|PSY 245||Industrial/Organizational Psychology||PSYC 301|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018