For students attending: Waubonsee Community College
Who plan to major in: Business Administration
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENG 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: ART (100-106), ENG (211-265), HIS, HUM, PHL, or RLG.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: ANT, ECN, GEO, IDS (110-220), PSC, PSY (NOT 200), SSC, or SOC.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science Electives - Choose 11 hours from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Geology, or Physics. Two courses must be in the same subject, and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Free Electives - Choose three courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Business Administration degree:
|WCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MTH 131 or MTH 211||Calculus with Analytic Geometry I or Calculus for Business and Social Science||MATH 151|
|BUS 207||Business Statistics||BUS 221|
|CIS 115 or CIS 110||Introduction to Programming or Business Information Systems||CS 105 or CS 110|
|CIS 111||Introduction to Excel Spreadsheet||BUS 102|
|ECN 201||Principles of Economics - Microeconomics||ECON 151|
|ECN 202||Principles of Economics - Macroeconomics||ECON 152|
|ACC 202||Financial Accounting||BUS 211|
|ACC 203||Managerial Accounting||BUS 212|
|BUS 211||Business Law||BUS 341|
|MGT 200||Principles of Management||BUS 301|
|MKT 200||Principles of Marketing||BUS 371|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018