For students attending: Waubonsee Community College
Who plan to major in: Applied Mathematics
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENG 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: ART (100-106), ENG (211-265), HIS, HUM, PHL, or RLG.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: ANT, ECN, GEO, IDS (110-220), PSC, PSY (NOT 200), SSC, or SOC.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science Electives - PHY 221 is required. Choose three courses from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Geology, or PHY 222.
- F. Free Electives - Choose two courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Applied Mathematics degree:
|WCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MTH 131||Calculus with Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MTH 132||Calculus with Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|MTH 233||Calculus with Analytic Geometry III||MATH 251|
|MTH 240||Differential Equations||MATH 252|
|MTH 236||Introduction to Linear Algebra||MATH 332|
|CIS 150||Java Programming||CS 115 and 116|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018