For students attending: Moraine Valley Community College
Who plan to major in: Business Administration
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in COM 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: History, Humanities, Literature, Philosophy (not PHIL 110 or 111), Art 110 or 205 - 209, Music 106 or 107, Theater 105, 107, 110 or 111, or COM 102
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics (not ECON 100), Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Social Science, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science Electives - Choose four courses from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, or Physics. Two courses must be in the same subject, and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Free Electives - Choose three courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Business Administration degree:
|MVCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MTH 150 or||Calculus I / Analytic Geometry||MATH 151|
|MTH 145||Calculus for Business and Social Science||MATH 151 (Business majors only)|
|MTH 139 or MTH 212||Probability and Statistics or Business Statistics||BUS 221|
|CSC 140||Introduction to Computer Science||CS 105|
|ECO 101||Principles of Macroeconomics||ECON 152|
|ECO 102||Principles of Microeconomics||ECON 151|
|IMS 101||Introduction to Computer Systems||BUS 102|
|BUS 130||Principles of Marketing||BUS 371|
|BUS 136||Business Law||
|BUS 142||Financial Accounting||BUS 211|
|BUS 143||Managerial Accounting||BUS 212|
|BUS 231||Principles of Management||BUS 301|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018