For students attending: Joliet Junior College
Who plan to major in: Applied Mathematics
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- Basic Writing Proficiency - A grade of "C" or better in ENG 105 will complete this requirement.
- Humanities - Choose one course from the following subjects : Art (115-118 only), English (NOT 102, 130, or 230), History, Music (101-108 only), Philosophy, or Theater 101.
- Social Sciences - Choose one course from the following subjects : Anthropology, Economics (NOT 107), Geography, Political Science, Psychology, or Sociology.
- Humanities or Social Sciences - Choose an additional course from section B or section C.
- Science Electives - PHYS 201 is required. Choose three courses from Biology, Chemistry, Phys 202, or Astro 101.
- Free Electives - Choose two courses with an IAI designation
II. Required courses for the Applied Mathematics Degree:
|JJC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 170||Calculus and Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MATH 171||Calculus and Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|MATH 172||Calculus and Analytic Geometry III||MATH 251|
|MATH 220||Differential Equations & Orthogonal Functions||MATH 252|
|MATH 210||Linear Algebra||MATH 332|
|MATH 137||Introduction to Discrete Mathematics||MATH 230|
|CIS 261||JAVA Programming||CS 115 and 116|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated December 2017