For students attending: Elgin Community College
Who plan to major in: Business Administration
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: History, Humanities (not 116), International Studies, or Literature.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology (not 230, 321), Geography, Political Science (not 219), Psychology (not 201), or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C.
- E. Science Electives - Choose four courses from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry (not 101) or Physics. Two courses must be in the same subject, and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Free Electives - Choose three courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Business Administration degree:
|ECC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MTH 126 pr MTH 190||Calculus Business and Social Science or Calculus and Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MTH 120 or BUS 140||Statistics I or Business Statistics||BUS 221|
|CIS 105||Introduction to Programming||CS 105|
|ACC 200||Financial Accounting||BUS 211|
|ACC 240||Managerial Accounting||BUS 212|
|BUS 113||Business Law||BUS 341|
|MMT 101||Principles of Management||BUS 301|
|MKT 103||Marketing||BUS 371|
|ECN 201||Principles of Microeconomics||ECON 151|
|ECN 202||Principles of Macroeconomics||ECON 152|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018