For students attending: Elgin Community College
Who plan to major in: Applied Mathematics
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: History, Humanities (not 116), International Studies, or Literature.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology (not 230, 231), Economics, Geography, Psychology (not 101,201), or Sociology.
- D. Policial Science Elective – Choose one course from Policial Science (not 219).
- E. Science Electives - PHY 211 is required. Choose three courses from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, or Chemistry (not 101), or PHY 212.
- F. Free Electives - Choose two courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Applied Mathematics degree:
|ECC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MTH 190||Calculus and Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MTH 210||Calculus and Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|MTH 230||Calculus and Analytic Geometry III||MATH 251|
|MTH 250||Introduction to Differential Equations||MATH 252|
|MTH 240||Introduction to Linear Algebra||MATH 332|
|CIS 127||Discrete Structure||CS 330|
|CIS 207||Java Programming||CS 115 and 116|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018