For students attending: College of Lake County
Who plan to major in: Humanities
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENG 121 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: ART 240 or 241, ENG 225 - 249, HST, HUM (not 127), PHI (not 122), or THE 123.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: ANT, ECO, GEG (not 240), PSC, PSY or SOC.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Mathematics - Choose 6 hours of Math electives (MTH 140 and MTH 142 are recommended).
- F. Computer Science Elective - Choose 3 hours of a Computer Science elective.
- G. Free Electives - Choose 10 courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Humanities degree:
- Choose three courses in History, Literature or Philosophy.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018