For students attending: College of Lake County
Who plan to major in: Applied Mathematics
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENG 121 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: ART 240 or 241, ENG 225 - 249, HST, HUM (not 127), PHI (not 122), or THE 123.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: ANT, ECO, GEG (not 240), PSC, PSY or SOC.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science Electives - PHY 123 is required. Choose three courses from the following subjects: BIO, CHM, or PHY 124.
- F. Free Elective - Choose two courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Applied Mathematics degree:
|CLC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MTH 145||Calculus and Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MTH 146||Calculus and Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|MTH 246||Calculus and Analytic Geometry III||MATH 251|
|MTH 227||Ordinary Differential Equations||MATH 252|
|MTH 225||Introduction to Linear Algebra||MATH 332|
|MTH 244||Discrete Mathematics||MATH 230|
|CIT 141||Programming in C++||CS 115 and 116|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018