For students attending: Triton College
Who plan to major in: Humanities
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: ART (any course from 111-114); ENG (any course from 101-296); HIS; HUM; MUS 215 or 216; PHL (not 102).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: ANT; GEO 104-106; PSC; PSY 105-296 (not 100 or 245); SOC 100-296; or SSC.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C.
- E. Science Electives – Choose 10 hours from the following subjects: AST 100-102; BIS; CHM; GOL; or PHY. Two courses must be in the same field and at least one must be in a different field.
- F. Mathematics - Choose 6 hours of Math electives (MAT 124 and 170 are recommended).
- G. Computer Science Elective - Choose 3 hours of a Computer Science elective.
- H. Free Electives - Choose 10 courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Humanities degree:
- Choose three courses in History, Literature or Philosophy.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018