For students attending: Triton College
Who plan to major in: Computer Information Systems
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in RHT 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose three 3 credit hour courses from the following subjects: ART (any course from 111-114); ENG (any course from 101-296); HIS; HUM; MUS 215 or 216; PHL (not 102). NOTE: These three courses will transfer as the 200-level Humanities elective and one 300-level Humanities elective.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose three 3 credit hour courses from the following subjects: ANT; ECO 102 or 103; GEO 104-106; PSC; PSY 105-296 (not 100 or 245); SOC 100-296; or SSC. NOTE: These three courses will transfer as the lower-level Social Sciences elective and one 300-level Social Sciences elective.
- D. Political Science Elective - Choose any Political Science course.
- E. Science Electives - Choose four courses from the following subjects: AST 100-102; BIS; CHM; GOL; or PHY 106-108. Two courses must be in the same field and at least one must be in a different field..
- F. Free Electives - Choose four courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Computer Information Systems degree:
|MAT 131||Calculus and Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MAT 133||Calculus and Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152 (Math elect)|
||Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming||CS 115 and 116|
|CIS 125||Discrete Math for Computing||CS 330|
|CIS 295||Data Structures with C++||CS 331|
|CIS 265||Computer Architecture and Language Assembly||CS 350|
|PSY 100||Introduction to Psychology||PSYC 221|
|PSY 245||Industrial Psychology||PSYC 301|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated June 2018.