For students attending: Triton College
Who plan to major in: Applied Mathematics
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in RHT 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one 3 credit hour course from the following subjects: ART (any course from 111-114); ENG (any course from 101-296); HIS; HUM; MUS 215 or 216; PHL (not 102).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one 3 credit hour course from the following subjects: ANT; ECO 102 or 103; GEO 104-106; PSC; PSY 100-296; SOC 100-296; or SSC.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science Electives - PHY 106 is required. Choose three courses from the following subjects: AST 100-102; BIS; CHM; GOL; or PHY 107. Two courses must be in the same field and at least one must be in a different field.
- F. Free Electives - Choose two courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Applied Mathematics degree:
|MAT 131||Calculus and Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MAT 133||Calculus and Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|CIS 125||Discrete Math for Computing||MATH 230|
|MAT 235||Calculus and Analytic Geometry III||MATH 251|
|MAT 341||Differential Equations||MATH 252|
|MAT 224||Linear Algebra||MATH 332|
||Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming||CS 115 and 116|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018.