For students attending: Triton College
Who plan to major in: Applied Analytics
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in RHT 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: ART (any course from 111-114); ENG (any course from 101-296); HIS; HUM; MUS 215 or 216; PHL (not 102).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: ANT; GEO 104-106; PSC; PSY 105-296 (not 100 or 245); SOC 100-296; or SSC.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C.
- E. Science Electives - Choose 10 hours from the following subjects: AST 100-102; BIS; CHM; GOL; or PHY. Two courses must be in the same field and at least one must be in a different field.
- F. Free Electives - Choose two courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Applied Analytics degree:
|TRITON COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MAT 131||Calculus and Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MAT 133||Calculus and Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|MAT 341||Differential Equations||MATH 252|
|CIS 263||Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming||CS 115 and 116|
|CIS 295||Data Structures with C++||CS 331 (see note 1)|
|MTH 200||Calculus with Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MTH 201||Calculus with Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|MTH 202||Calculus with Analytic Geometry III||MATH 251|
|MTH 212||Differential Equations||MATH 252|
- Business/Economics: Choose MAT 170 or BUS 149, ECO 102 and ECO 103
- Psychology: PSY 100
- Social Science/Humanities: Choose MAT 170 or BUS 149
Note 1) This course will apply towards the Data Structures and Management Elective.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018