For students attending: South Suburban College
Who plan to major in: Computer Information Systems
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENG 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: English (103 - 208; NOT 121), History, Humanities, Humanities and Fine Arts, Music (115, 220, 221, 223), or Philosophy.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics, Geography, Sociology or Urban Studies.
- D. Political Science Elective - Choose one course from Political Science.
- E. Science Electives - Choose four courses from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, or Physics (NOT 115). Two courses must be in the same subject and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Free Electives - Choose three courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Computer Information Systems degree:
|SSC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MTH 190||Calculus & Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MTH 203 or MTH 211||Calculus & Analytic Geometry II or Introductory Statistics||Math Elect|
|CS 121||Computer Programming||CS Elect|
|PSY 101||Introduction to Psychology||PSYC 221|
|PSY 105||Organizational Psychology||PSYC 301|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018