For students attending: South Suburban College
Who plan to major in: Business Administration
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENG 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: English (103 - 208; NOT 121), History, Humanities, Humanities and Fine Arts, Music (115, 220, 221, 223), or Philosophy.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics, Geography, Sociology or Urban Studies.
- D. Political Science Elective - Choose one course from Political Science.
- E. Science Electives - Choose four courses from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, or Physics (NOT 115). Two courses must be in the same subject and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Free Electives - Choose three courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Business Administration degree:
|SSC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MTH 180 or MATH 190||
Calculus for Business and Social Science or Calculus and Analytic Geometry I
|MTH 211||Introductory Statistics||BUS 221|
|CS 121||Computer Programming||CS 105|
|ECO 201||Macroeconomics||ECON 152|
|ECO 202||Microeconomics||ECON 151|
|ACC 120||Financial Accounting||BUS 211|
|ACC 121||Managerial Accounting||BUS 212|
|BUS 203||Principles of Marketing||BUS 371|
|BUS 220||Principles of Management||BUS 301|
|BLW 201||Introduction to Business Law||BUS 341|
|MIS 101||Computer Literacy & Applications||BUS 102|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018