For students attending: South Suburban College
Who plan to major in: Applied Cybersecurity and Information Technology
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: English (103 - 208; NOT 121), History, Humanities, Humanities and Fine Arts, Music (115, 220, 221, 223), or Philosophy.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology or Urban Studies.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C.
- E. Science Electives - Choose 11 hours from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Geology or Physics. Two courses must be in the same subject, and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Free Electives - Choose one course with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Applied Cybersecurity and Information Technology degree:
|SSC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MTH 190||Calculus & Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MTH 203||Calculus & Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|MTH 204||Calculus & Analytic Geometry III||MATH 251|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018