For students attending: Prairie State College
Who plan to major in: Humanities
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in RHT 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: ART 121-131, ENG 211 and above, HIST, HUMAN or PHILO (not 203)
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: ANTHR, GEOG, POLSC, PSYCH, SOCSC, or SOCIO.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C.
- E. Science Electives – Choose 10 hours from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Geology or Physics. At least two courses must be in the same field and at least one must be in a different field.
- F. Mathematics - Choose 6 hours of Math electives (MATH 165 and 115 are recommended).
- G. Computer Science Elective - Choose 3 hours of a Computer Science elective.
- H. Free Electives - Choose 10 courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Humanities degree:
- Choose three courses in History, Literature or Philosophy.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018