For students attending: Prairie State College
Who plan to major in: Business Administration
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENG 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: ART 121-131, ENG 211 and above, HIST, HUMAN or PHILO (not 203).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: ANTHR, GEOG, POLSC, PSYCH, SOCSC, or SOCIO.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science Electives - Choose four courses from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Geology or Physics. At least two courses must be in the same field and at least one must be in a different field.
- F. Free Electives - Choose three courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Business Administration degree:
|MATH 157 or MATH 171||Calculus for Business and Social Science or Calculus with Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|BUS 240 or MATH 115
||Elementary Statistics or General Education Statistics||BUS 221|
|ITPRG 144||C++ Programming I||CS 105|
|ECON 201||Macroeconomic Principles||ECON 152|
|ECON 202||Microeconomic Principles||ECON 151|
|ITAPP 101||Introduction to Computers||BUS 102|
|BUS 131||Financial Accounting||BUS 211|
|BUS 132||Managerial Accounting||BUS 212|
|BUS 201||Business Law I||BUS 341|
|BUS 241||Principles of Management||BUS 301|
|BUS 251||Principles of Marketing||BUS 371|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018