For students attending: Prairie State College
Who plan to major in: Applied Math
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENG 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: ART 121-131, ENG 211 and above, HIST, HUMAN or PHILO (not 203).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: ANTHR, ECON, GEOG, POLSC, PSYCH, SOCSC, or SOCIO.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science Electives - PHYS 210 is required. Choose two courses from Biology, Chemistry, Geology or PHYS 220.
- F. Free Electives - Choose two courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Applied Math degree:
|PSC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 171||Calculus with Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MATH 172||Calculus with Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|MATH 173||Calculus with Analytic Geometry III||MATH 251|
|MATH 210||Discrete Mathematics||MATH 230|
|MATH 216||Differential Equations||MATH 252|
|MATH 220||Linear Algebra||MATH 332|
|ITPRG 147||Java Programming I||CS 115 and 116|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018