For students attending: Prairie State College
Who plan to major in: Applied Cybersecurity and Information Technology
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENG 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: ART 121-131, ENG 211 and above, HIST, HUMAN or PHILO (not 203).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: ANTHR, ECON, GEOG, POLSC, PSYCH, SOCSC, or SOCIO.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science Electives - Choose ten hours from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Geology or Physics. At least two courses must be in the same field and at least one must be in a different field.
- F. Free Electives - Choose one course with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Applied Cybersecurity and Information Technology degree:
|MATH 171||Calculus with Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MATH 172||Calculus with Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|MATH 173||Calculus with Analytic Geometry III||MATH 251|
|MATH 210||Discrete Mathematics||MATH 230|
|ITPRG 144||C++ Programming I||ITM 312|
|ITPRG 147||Java Programming I||ITM 311|
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018