For students attending: Oakton Community College
Who plan to major in: Humanities
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in EGL 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: English (any course from 113-242, except 150, 210, and 212), History, Humanities, or Philosophy (not 105).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics, Geography, Political Science, Psychology (not 230, 231, or 240), Social Sciences (not 240), or Sociology (not 240).
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science - Choose ten hours from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, or Physics.
- F. Mathematics - Choose six hours of math electives (MAT 143 and MAT 190 are recommended).
- G. Computer Science Elective - Choose three hours of a Computer Science elective.
- H. Free Electives - Choose four courses with the IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Humanities degree:
- A. Choose three courses in History, Literature, or Philosophy.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018