For students attending: Oakton Community College
Who plan to major in: Applied Mathematics
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in EGL 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: English (any course from 113-242, except 150, 210, and 212), History, Humanities, or Philosophy (not 105).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics, Geography, Political Science, Psychology (not 230, 231, or 240), Social Sciences (not 240), or Sociology (not 240).
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science Electives - PHY 221 is required. Choose three courses from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, or PHY 222.
- F. Free Electives - Choose two courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Applied Mathematics degree:
|OAKTON COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MAT 250||Calculus I||MATH 151|
|MAT 251||Calculus II||MATH 152|
|MAT 252||Calculus III||MATH 251|
|MAT 262||Ordinary Differential Equations||MATH 252|
|MAT 260||Linear Algebra||MATH 332|
|MAT 144||Discrete Mathematics||MATH 230|
|CSC 155 or CSC 156||C++ Computer Science I or JAVA Computer Science I||CS 115 and 116|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018