For students attending: Moraine Valley Community College
Who plan to major in: Information Technology and Management
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in COM 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: History, Humanities, Literature, Philosophy (not PHIL 110 or 111), Art 110 or 205 - 209, Music 106 or 107, Theater 105, 107, 110 or 111, or COM 102.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics (not ECON 100), Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Social Science, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science Electives - Choose 11 hours from Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science or Physics. Two courses must be in the same subject, and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Free Electives - Choose nine courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Information Technology and Management degree:
|MVCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MTH 139 or MTH 212||Probability and Statistics or Business Statistics||BUS 221|
|MTH 215||Discrete Math||MATH 180|
|CSC 140||Introduction to Computer Science||ITM 312|
|CSC 240||Advanced Computer Science||ITM 311|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018