For students attending: Moraine Valley Community College
Who plan to major in: Humanities
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in COM 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: History, Humanities, Literature, Philosophy (not PHIL 110 or 111), Art 110 or 205 - 209, Music 106 or 107, Theater 105, 107, 110 or 111, or COM 102.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics (not ECO 100), Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Social Science, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course
- E. Science - Choose 10 hours from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Geology.
- F. Mathematics - Choose 6 hours of Math electives (MATH 120, 139, 143 are recommended).
- G. Computer Science Elective - Choose 3 hours of a Computer Science elective.
- H. Free Electives - Choose 10 courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Humanities degree:
- Choose three courses in History, Literature or Philosophy.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018