For students attending: McHenry County College
Who plan to major in: Humanities
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: Art (150, 151, 171-174); English (240-277), History, Music (151-154), or Philosophy (not 155).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology (not 255), Economics, Geography (202-220), Political Science, Psychology, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C.
- E. Science Electives – Choose 10 hours from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, or Physics. Two courses must be in the same subject, and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Mathematics - Choose 6 hours of Math electives (MAT 120 and 150 are recommended).
- G. Computer Science Elective - Choose 3 hours of a Computer Science elective.
- H. Free Electives - Choose 10 courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Humanities degree:
- Choose three courses in History, Literature or Philosophy.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018