For students attending: Morton College
Who plan to major in: Humanities
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENG 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: English (211-219) History, Humanities, Music (100-108), or Philosophy (not 202).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics, Geography (not 101), Political Science, Psychology, Social Science 103, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities and Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C or a foreign language course.
- E. Science Electives - Choose 10 hours from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry (not 100), Physical Science 101, or Physics (not 100). Two courses must be in the same subject and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Mathematics - Choose 6 hours of Math electives (MAT 124 and MAT 141 are recommended).
- G. Computer Science Elective - Choose 3 hours of a Computer Science elective.
- H. Free Electives - Choose 10 courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Humanities degree:
- Choose three courses in History, Literature or Philosophy.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018