For Student attending: Kankakee Community College
Who plan to major in: Computer Science
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 1613 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: English (1713-2813) History, Humanities, or Philosophy.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Social Sciences, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C.
- E. Science Electives - PHYS 2614 and PHY 2624 are required. Choose two courses from Biology, Chemistry, or PHYS 2634.
- F. Free Electives - Choose three courses with the IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Computer Science degree:
|KKC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 2515||Calculus/Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MATH 2524||Calculus/Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|MATH 2534||Calculus/Analytic Geometry III||MATH 251|
|MATH 2613||Differential Equations||MATH 252 (Math Elect)|
|MATH 1843||Discrete Mathematics||CS 330|
|COSC 2513||Introduction to Computer Science||CS 115 and 116|
|COSC 2624||Computing Programming in C++||CS 331|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018