For Student attending: Kankakee Community College
Who plan to major in: Computer Information Systems
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 1613 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: English (1713-2813) History, Humanities, or Philosophy.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Geography, Political Science, Psychology (not 1813), Social Sciences, or Sociology.
- D. Political Science Elective – Choose one course from Political Science.
- E. Science Electives - Choose four courses from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physical Science 1524, or Physics (not 1514,1524). Note: two courses must be in the same subject and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Free Electives - Choose four courses with the IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Computer Information Systems degree:
|KKC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 2515||Calculus & Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MATH 2524 or MATH 1774||
Calculus & Analytic Geometry II or
|COSC 2513||Introduction to Computer Science||CS 115 and 116|
|COSC 2624||Computing Programming in C++||CS 331|
|PSYC 1813||Introduction to Psychology||PSYC 221|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018