For students attending: Kankakee Community College
Who plan to major in: Applied Mathematics
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 1613 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: English (1713-2813) History, Humanities, or Philosophy.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Social Sciences, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C.
- E. Science Electives - PHYS 2614 is required. Choose three courses from Biology, Chemistry, or PHYS 2624.
- F. Free Electives - Choose two courses with the IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Applied Mathematics degree:
|KKC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 2515||Calculus/Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MATH 2524||Calculus/Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|MATH 2534||Calculus/Analytic Geometry III||MATH 251|
|MATH 2613||Differential Equations||MATH 252|
|MATH 1843||Discrete Mathematics||MATH 230|
|COSC 2513||Introduction to Computer Science||CS 115 and 116|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018