For students attending: Kankakee Community College
Who plan to major in: Communication: Journalism of Science
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENG 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: English (1713-2813) History, Humanities, or Philosophy.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Social Sciences, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C.
- E. Math and Science - Choose 21 hours of additional math and science electives. Choose from Math 2524, 2534, 2613 and/or courses not already required from the following subjects Biology, Chemistry, Physical Science 1524, or Physics (not 1514,1524). Note: two courses must be in the same subject and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Free Electives - Choose four courses with an IAI designation.
- G. Minor Electives - The Communication curriculum requires a 15 semester hour minor. A maximum of three minor courses may be completed at Kankakee Community College. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs for additional information regarding minors.
II. Required courses for the Communication: Journalism of Science degree:
|KKC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 2515||Calculus/Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|BIOL 1514||General Biology I||BIOL 107 and 109|
|CHEM 1614||General Chemistry I||CHEM 124|
|PHYS 2614||Physics I||PHYS 123|
|BIOL 1534 or CHEM 1624 or PHYS 2624||Human Biology or General Chemistry II or Physics II||BIOL 115 or CHEM 125
or PHYS 221
|COSC 2513||Introduction to Computer Science||CS 105|
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018