For students attending: Joliet Junior College
Who plan to major in: Computer Information Systems
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- Basic Writing Proficiency - A grade of "C" or better in ENG 101 will complete this requirement.
- Humanities - Choose one course from the following subjects : Art (115-118 only), English (NOT 102, 130, or 230), History, Music (101-108 only), Philosophy (NOT 104), or Theater 101.
- Social Sciences - Choose one course from the following subjects : Anthropology, Economics (NOT 107), Geography, Political Science, Psychology, or Sociology.
- Political Science Elective - Choose one course from Political Science.
- Science Electives - Choose four courses from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics (NOT 103, 104), or ASTR 101. Two courses must be in the same subject and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- Free Electives - Choose four courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Computer Information Systems Degree:
|JJC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 170||Calculus and Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MATH 171 or MATH 128||Calculus and Analytic Geometry II or Elementary Statistics||MATH Elect|
|PHYS 201||Engineering Physics I||PHYS 123|
|CIS 261||JAVA Programming||CS 115 and 116|
|CIS 269||Data Structures||CS 331|
|MATH 137||Introduction to Discrete Mathematics||CS 330|
|PSYC 101||General Psychology||PSYC 221|
|PSYC 206||Industrial Psychology||PSYC 301|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated January 2019