For students attending: Joliet Junior College
Who plan to major in: Computer Science
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- Basic Writing Proficiency - A grade of "C" or better in ENG 101 will complete this requirement.
- Humanities - Choose one course from the following subjects : Art (115-118 only), English (NOT 102, 130, or 230), History, Music (101-108 only), Philosophy (NOT 104), or Theater 101.
- Social Sciences - Choose one course from the following subjects : Anthropology, Economics (NOT 107), Geography, Political Science, Psychology, or Sociology.
- Humanities or Social Sciences - Choose an additional course from section B or section C.
- PHYS 201 and PHYS 202 are required. Choose two courses from Biology, Chemistry, or PHYS 203.
- Free Electives - Choose three courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Computer Science Degree:
|JJC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 170||Calculus and Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MATH 171||Calculus and Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|MATH 172||Calculus and Analytic Geometry III||MATH 251|
|MATH 220||Differential Equations & Orthogonal Functions||MATH 252|
|MATH 210||Linear Algebra||MATH 332|
|PHYS 201||Engineering Physics I||PHYS 123|
|CIS 261||JAVA Programming||CS 115 and 116|
|CIS 269||Data Structures||CS 331|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated January 2019