For students attending: Joliet Junior College
Who plan to major in: Business Administration
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency - A grade of "C" or better in ENG 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities - Choose one course from the following subjects : Art (115-118 only), English (NOT 102, 130, or 230), History, Music (101-108 only), Philosophy (NOT 104), or Theater 101.
- C. Social Sciences - Choose one course from the following subjects : Anthropology, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science Electives - Choose four courses from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics (NOT 103, 104), or ASTR 101. Two courses must be in the same subject and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Free Electives - Choose three courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Business Administration Degree:
|JJC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 170||Calculus and Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MATH 128 or BUS 205
||Elementary Statistics or Business Statistics||BUS 221|
|CIS 236||Programming in C||CS 105|
|ECON 103||Principles of Economics I (Macroeconomics)||ECON 152|
|ECON 104||Principles of Economics II (Microeconomics)||ECON 151|
|CIS 122||Computer Information System Fundamentals||BUS 102|
|ACCY 101||Accounting I||BUS 211|
|ACCY 102||Accounting II||BUS 212|
|MGMT 101||Principles of Management||BUS 301|
|BLAW 101||Business Law I||BUS 341|
|MKTG 101||Principles of Marketing||BUS 371|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated January 2019