For students attending: Joliet Junior College
Who plan to major in: Humanities
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency - A grade of "C" or better in ENG 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities - Choose one course from the following subjects: Art (115-118 only), English (NOT 102, 130, or 230), History, Music (101-108 only), Philosophy (NOT 104), or Theater 101.
- C. Social Sciences - Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics (NOT 107), Geography, Political Science, Psychology, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Mathematics - Choose 6 hours of Math electives (MATH 127, 128, 139, and 153 are recommended).
- F. Computer Science Elective - Choose 3 hours of a Computer Science elective.
- G. Free Electives - Choose 10 courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Humanities degree:
- Choose three courses in History, Literature, or Philosophy.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated January 2019