For students attending: Harper College
Who plan to major in: Computer Information Systems
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: History, Humanities, Literature, or Philosophy (NOT 101, 102).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology (NOT 215), Economics (NOT 115), Geography (NOT 112), Political Science, Psychology (NOT 101, 210), or Sociology.
- D. Political Science Elective - Choose any Political Science course.
- E. Science Electives - Choose four courses from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics (NOT 100), or Astronomy 101. Two courses must be in the same subject and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Free Electives - Choose four courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Computer Information Systems degree:
|HARPER COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MTH 200||Calculus with Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MTH 201 or MTH 165||Calculus with Analytic Geometry II or Elementary Statistics||MATH Elect|
|MTH 220||Discrete Mathematics||CS 330|
|CSC 121||Computer Science I||CS 100|
|CSC 122||Computer Science II||CS 115 and 116|
|CSC 216||Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis||CS 331|
|CSC 217||Assembler Programming and Machine Organization||CS 350|
|PSY 101||Introduction to Psychology||PSYC 221|
|PSY 245||Industrial/ Organizational Psychology||PSYC 301|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018