For students attending: Harper College
Who plan to major in: Business Administration
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: History, Humanities, Literature, or Philosophy (NOT 101, 102).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology (NOT 215), Economics (NOT 115), Geography (NOT 112), Political Science, Psychology (NOT 210), or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C.
- E. Science Electives - Choose four courses from the following subjects. Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Astronomy 101. Two courses must be in the same subject and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Free Eelectives - Choose three courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Business Administration degree:
|HARPER COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MTH 134||Calculus for Social Scientists||MATH 151|
|MTH 165 or||Elementary Statistics||BUS 221|
|MATH 225||Business Statistics||BUS 221|
|CIS 101||Introduction to Computer Information Systems||BUS 102|
|CIS 106||Computer Logic and Programming||CS 105|
|ECO 211||Microeconomics||ECON 151|
|ECO 212||Macroeconomics||ECON 152|
|ACC 101||Introduction to Financial Accounting||BUS 211|
|ACC 102||Introduction to Managerial Accounting||BUS 212|
|ACC 211||Business Law I||BUS 341|
|MGT 270||Principles of Management||BUS 301|
|MKT 245||Principles of Marketing||BUS 371|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018