For students attending: Harper College
Who plan to major in: Applied Cybersecurity and Information Technology
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: History, Humanities, Literature, or Philosophy (NOT 101, 102).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology (NOT 215), Economics (NOT 115), Geography (NOT 112), Political Science, Psychology (NOT 210), or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science Electives - Choose 10 hours from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Astronomy 101. Two courses must be in the same subject and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Free Electives - Choose one course with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Applied Cybersecurity and Information Technology degree:
|MVCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MTH 200||Calculus with Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MTH 201||Calculus with Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|MTH 202||Calculus with Analytic Geometry III||MATH 251|
|MTH 220||Discrete Math||MATH 230|
|CSC 211||Introduction to C Programming||ITM 312|
|CSC 214||Intro to Java Programming||ITM 311|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018