For students attending: Elgin Community College
Who plan to major in: Information Technology and Management
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: History, Humanities (not 116), International Studies, or Literature.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology (not 230, 321), Geography, Political Science (not 219), Psychology (not 201), or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C.
- E. Science Electives - Choose four courses from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry (not 101) or Physics. Two courses must be in the same subject, and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Free Electives - Choose nine courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Information Technology and Management degree:
|MTH 120 or BUS 140||Statistics I or Business Statistics||BUS 221|
|CIS 127||Discrete Structures||MATH 180|
|CIS 123||Computer Science for Engineers||ITM 312|
|CIS 207||Java Programming||ITM 311|
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018