For students attending: Elgin Community College
Who plan to major in: Industrial Technology and Management
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: History, Humanities (not 116), International Studies, or Literature.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology (not 230, 321), Geography, Political Science (not 219), Psychology (not 201), or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C.
- E. Mathematics - Choose 6 hours of Math electives (MTH 102, 107, 109, 114 and 120 are recommended).
- F. Science Electives - Choose 11 hours from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry (not 101) or Physics. Two courses must be in the same subject, and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- G. Computer Science Elective - Choose 3 hours of a Computer Science elective.
- H. Technical Electives - 31 hours in technical coursework.
Please refer to the Industrial Technology and Management website for specific program transfer agreements.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018