For students attending: Elgin Community College
Who plan to major in: Computer Information Systems
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: History, Humanities (not 116), International Studies, or Literature.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology (not 230, 231), Economics, Geography, Psychology (not 101,201), or Sociology.
- D. Policial Science Elective – Choose one course from Policial Science (not 219).
- E. Science Electives - Choose four courses from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, or Chemistry (not 101), or Physics. Two courses must be in the same subject and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Free Electives - Choose four courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Computer Information System degree:
|ECC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MTH 190||Calculus and Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MTH 210 or MTH 120||Calculus and Analytic Geometry II or Statistics I||MATH Elect|
|CIS 121||Computer Science I||CS 100|
|CIS 207||Java Programming||CS 115 and 116|
|CIS 127||Discrete Structure||CS 330|
|CIS 223||Computer Science II||CS 331|
|CIS 227||Computer Organization||CS 350|
|PSY 100||Introduction to Psychology||PSYC 221|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018