For students attending: Elgin Community College
Who plan to major in: Applied Physics
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: History, Humanities (not 116), International Studies, or Literature.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology (not 230, 231), Economics, Geography, Political Science (not 219), Psychology (not 201), or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Free Electives - Choose three courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Applied Physics degree:
|ECC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MTH 190||Calculus and Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MTH 210||Calculus and Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|MTH 230||Calculus and Analytic Geometry II||MATH 251|
|MTH 250||Introduction to Differential Equations||MATH 252|
|CIS 105||Introduction to Computer Programming||CS 105|
|PHY 211||Engineering Physics I||PHYS 123|
|PHY 212||Engineering Physics II||PHYS 221|
|PHY 213||Engineering Physics III||PHYS 223|
|CHM 142||General Chemistry I||CHEM 124|
|EGR 152||Statics||MMAE 200 (see note 1)|
|EGR 252||Dynamics||MMAE 305 (see note 1)|
Note 1) These courses are required for the Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering specialization.
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018