For students attending: College of DuPage
Who plan to major in: Computer Science
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLI 1101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose three courses from the following subjects: English (any course from 1130-1165), History, Humanities, Philosophy (not PHIL 1120 or 1125), Religious Studies, or ART 1101, MUSIC 1101 or THEATER 1101. Note: These three courses will transfer as the 200-level Humanities elective and one 300-level Humanities elective.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose three courses from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics (any course from 2200-2220), Geography (not 1108), Political Science, Psychology (not 1180 or 2280), Sociology (not 1205 or 2205), or Social Sciences 1100 or 1110. Note: These three courses will transfer as the lower-level Social Sciences elective and one 300-level Social Sciences elective.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science Electives - PHYSI 2111 and PHYS 2112 are required. Choose two courses from Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science (not 1116 or 1117), or PHYSI 2115.
- F. Free Electives - Choose three courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Computer Science degree:
|COD COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 2231||Calculus & Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MATH 2232||Calculus & Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|MATH 2233||Calculus & Analytic Geometry III||MATH 251|
|MATH 2270||Differential Equations||MATH 252 (Math Elect)|
|MATH 2245||Linear Algebra||MATH 332|
|CIS 2541 or CIS 2571||C++ Language Programming or Introduction to JAVA||CS 115 and 116|
|CIS 2542||Advanced C++ with Data Structure Applications||CS 331|
|CIS 2420||Microprocessor ASSEMBLY Language||CS 350|
|MATH 2115||Discrete Mathematics||CS 330|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated April 2018