For students attending: College of DuPage
Who plan to major in: Communication: Professional and Technical Communication
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLI 1101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: English (any course from 1130-1165), History, Humanities, Philosophy (not PHIL 1120 or 1125), Religious Studies, or ART 1100, MUSIC 1100 or THEATER 1100.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics (any course from 2200-2220), Geography (not 1108), Political Science, Psychology (not 1180 or 2280), Sociology (not 1205 or 2205), or Social Sciences 1100 or 1110.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science - Choose 10 hours from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science (not 1116 or 1117) or Physics. Two courses must be in the same field, and at least one course must be in a different field.L
- F. Linguisitics Elective - Choose ENGLI 1125
- F. Art and Architecture History Elective - Choose one of the following: ART 2211, 2212, 2213, 2214, or ARCH 2203
- H. Science, Technology and Society Elective - Choose one of the following: BUSIN 2255; PSYCH 2210; or SOCIO 1100.
- I. PTC Electives - Choose two of the following courses: ARABIC 1101, 1102; CHINE 1101, 1102; ENGLI 1135, 1154; FRENC 1101, 1102; GERMA 1101, 1102; ITALIAN 1101, 1102; JAPAN 1101, 1102; KOREA 1101, 1102; MARKE 2210; MCOMM 1100; POLS 2220; PSYCH 1110; RUSSI 1101, 1102; SPANI 1101, 1102 or SPEEC 1140, 1150.
- J. Free Electives - Choose four courses with an IAI designation.
- K. Minor Electives - The Communication curriculum requires a 15 semester hour minor. A maximum of three minor courses may be completed at College of DuPage. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs for additional information regarding minors.
II. Required courses for the Communication: Professional and Technical Communication degree:
|CCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 1635 or PSYCH 2280||Statistics or Statistics for Social and Behavioral Science||BUS 221 or PSYC 203 (Math Elective)|
||General Education Mathematics||MATH 130 (Math Elective)|
|CIS 1400 or 2541||Programming Logic and Technology or C++ Language Programming||CS 110 or CS 105|
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated March 2019