For students attending: College of DuPage
Who plan to major in: Communication: Journalism of Technology and Business
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLI 1101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: English (any course from 1130-1165), History, Humanities, Philosophy (not PHIL 1120 or 1125), Religious Studies, or ART 1100, MUSIC 1100 or THEATER 1100.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics (any course from 2200-2220 except ECONO 2202), Geography (not 1108), Political Science, Psychology (not 1180 or 2280), Sociology (not 1205 or 2205), or Social Sciences 1100 or 1110.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science - Choose 10 hours from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science (not 1116 or 1117) or Physics. Two courses must be in the same field, and at least one course must be in a different field.
- F. Free Electives - Choose four courses with an IAI designation.
- G. Minor Electives - The Communication curriculum requires a 15 semester hour minor. A maximum of three minor courses may be completed at College of DuPage. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs for additional information regarding minors.
II. Required courses for the Communication: Journalism of Technology and Business degree:
|CCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|PSYCH 2280||Statistics for Social and Behavioral Science (see note 1)||PSYC 203|
||General Education Mathematics||MATH 130 (Math Elective)|
|CIS 1400 or 2541||Programming Logic and Technology or C++ Language Programming||CS 110 or CS 105|
|ECON 2202||Principles of Economics II (see note 2)||ECON 151|
|ACCT 1140||Financial Accounting||BUS 210|
|MGT 2210 or MKT 2210||Principles of Management or Principles of Marketing||BUS 301 or BUS 371|
Note 1) PSYC 203 will substitute for MATH 425 in IIT's Communication major.
Note 2) ECON 151 will substitute for ECON 211 in IIT's Communication major.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated March 2019