Close Menu

Communication: Journalism of Science

For students attending: College of DuPage
Who plan to major in: Communication: Journalism of Science


I. Core Curriculum Electives

  • A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLI 1101 will complete this requirement.
  • B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: English (any course from 1130-1165), History, Humanities, Philosophy (not PHIL 1120 or 1125), Religious Studies, or ART 1100, MUSIC 1100 or THEATER 1100. 
  • C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics (any course from 2200-2220), Geography (not 1108), Political Science, Psychology (not 1180 or 2280), Sociology (not 1205 or 2205), or Social Sciences 1100 or 1110. 
  • D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
  • E. Math and Science - Choose 21 hours of additional math and science electives. Choose from MATH 1635, 2232, 2233, 2270, 2115 or 2245, and/or courses not already required from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science (not 1116 or 1117) or Physics).
  • G. Free Electives - Choose four courses with an IAI designation.
  • H. Minor Electives - The Communication curriculum requires a 15 semester hour minor. A maximum of three minor courses may be completed at College of DuPage. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs for additional information regarding minors.

II. Required courses for the Communication: Journalism of Science degree:

MATH 2231 Calculus & Analytic Geometry I MATH 151
BIOLO 1151
Principles of Biological Science I BIOL 107
CHEMI 1551 Principles of Chemistry I CHEM 124
PHYSI 2111 Physics for Science and Engineering I PHYS 123
BIOLO 1152 or CHEMI 1552 or PHYSI 2112 Principles of Biological Science II or Principles of Chemistry II or Physics for Science and Engineering II BIOL 115 or CHEM 125 or PHYS 221
CIS 102 or 142 Programming Logic or C++ Language Programming CS 110 or CS 105
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.

Updated March 2019