For students attending: College of DuPage
Who plan to major in: Behavioral Health and Wellness
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLI 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: English (any course from 1130-1165), History, Humanities, Philosophy (not PHIL 1120 or 1125), Religious Studies, or ART 1100, MUSIC 1100 or THEATER 1100.
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics (any course from 2200-2220), Geography (not 1108), Political Science, Psychology (not 1100, 1180, 2240, 2260, or 2280), Sociology (not 1120, 1205 or 2205), or Social Sciences 1100 or 1110.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Math - Choose either MATH 1218, 1220 or 1533.
- F. Science or Engineering - Choose 10 hours from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science (not 1116 or 1117) or Physics. Two courses must be in the same field, and at least one course must be in a different field. At least one Biology course is required. BIOL 1100 or 1151 are recommended.
- G. Free Electives - Choose five courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Behavioral Health and Wellness degree:
|CCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|PSYCH 2280||Statistics for Social and Behavioral Science||PSYC 203|
|CIS 1400 or CIS 2485
||Logic and Structured Program Design or C++ for Science and Engineering||CS 110 or CS 105|
|PSYCH 1180||Research Methods in Behavioral Science||PSYCH 204|
|PSYCH 1100||General Psychology||PSYC 221|
|PSYCH 2240||Social Psychology||PSYC 310|
|PSYCH 2260||Abnormal Psychology||PSYC 303 (See Note 1)|
|SOC 1120||Introduction to the Study of Society||SOC 200|
Note 1) Required for the Health Psychology specialization only.
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated March 2019