For students attending: City Colleges of Chicago
Who plan to major in: Social and Economic Development Policy
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: Comparative Religion, Fine Arts, History, Humanities, Literature, or Philosophy (not PHIL 105).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Geography, Political Science (not PS 203, 204 or 207), Psychology, Social Sciences, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Mathematics - Choose either MATH 118, MATH 141 or MATH 144.
- F. Science or Engineering - Choose 11 hours from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, Botany, Chemistry or Physics. Two courses must be in the same field, and at least one course must be in a different field.
- G. Free Electives - Choose six courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Social and Economic Development Policy degree:
|CCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 125||Introduction to Statistics||BUS 221|
|CIS 102 or CIS 142
||Introduction to Programming Logic or C-Based Programming Language||CS 110 or CS 105|
|ECON 201||Principles of Economics I||ECON 152|
|ECON 202||Principles of Economics II||ECON 151|
|PS 203||Comparative Government||PS 232|
|PS 204||International Relations (see note 1)||PS 230|
|PS 207||U.S. State and Local Government (see note 2)||PS 214|
|BUS 211||Business Law I (see note 1)||BUS 341|
Note 1) International Development Specialization only.
Note 2) Urban and Regional Development Specialization only.
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated February 2019