For students attending: City Colleges of Chicago
Who plan to major in: Global Studies
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: Comparative Religion, Fine Arts, History, Humanities, Literature, or Philosophy (not PHIL 105).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics (not ECON 133), Geography, Political Science, Psychology (not PSYCH 240), Social Sciences, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science - Choose 10 hours from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, Botany, Chemistry or Physics. Two courses must be in the same field, and at least one course must be in a different field.
- F. Free Electives - Choose eleven courses with an IAI designation.
- G. The successful completion of intermediate (second-year) foreign language coursework may be applied to the language proficiency/international experience requirement for the Global Studies major. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs for additional information on how to satisfy this requirement.
II. Required courses for the Global Studies degree:
|CCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 125||Introductory Statistics||BUS 221 (Math Elective)|
||General Education Math||MATH 130 (Math Elective)|
|CIS 102||Introduction to Programming Logic||CS 110|
|ECON 201||Principles of Economics II (see note 1)||ECON 151|
|PS 204||International Relations||PS 230|
|PS 203||Comparative Government||PS 232|
Note 1) ECON 151 will substitute for ECON 211 in IIT's Global Studies major.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated February 2019