For students attending: City Colleges of Chicago
Who plan to major in: Digital Humanities
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: Comparative Religion, Fine Arts, History, Humanities, Literature, or Philosophy (not PHIL 105).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics (not ECON 133), Geography, Political Science, Psychology (not PSYCH 240), Social Sciences, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science - Choose 10 hours from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, Botany, Chemistry or Physics. Two courses must be in the same field, and at least one course must be in a different field.
- F. Free Electives - Choose four courses (13 hours) with an IAI designation.
- G. Minor Electives - The Digital Humanities degree requires a minor. Minor coursework may be transferred from Chicago City Colleges. Contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs for more information.
II. Required courses for the Digital Humanities degree:
|CCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 125||Introductory Statistics||BUS 221|
||General Education Math||MATH 130 (Math Elective)|
|CIS 144||Java-based Programming Language||CS 115 and 116|
Note 1) PSYC 203 will substitute for MATH 425.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated February 2019