For students attending: City Colleges of Chicago
Who plan to major in: Communication: Professional and Technical Communication
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: Comparative Religion, Fine Arts, History, Humanities, Literature, or Philosophy (not PHIL 105).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics (not ECON 133), Geography, Political Science, Psychology (not PSYCH 240), Social Sciences, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science - Choose 10 hours from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, Botany, Chemistry or Physics. Two courses must be in the same field, and at least one course must be in a different field.
- F. Linguistics Elective - Choose LINGUISITICS 101 or 102.
- G. Art and Architecture History Elective - Choose one of the following: ARCH 104, 105, FIN ART 105, 107 or 108.
- H. Science, Technology and Society Elective - Choose one of the following: BUSINESS 232; PHYSICAL SCIENCE 107; PSYCH 206, 211; or SOCIOLOGY 201.
- I. PTC Electives - Choose two of the following courses: BUSINESS 231; ENGLISH 152; FIN ARTS 104; FRENCH 101, 102; GERM 101, 102; HUMANITIES 105; ITALIAN 101, 102; JAPANESE 101, 102; LITERATURE 155; POLISH 101, 102; POL SCI 204; PSYCH 201; RUSS 101, 102; SPAN 101, 102 or SPEECH 160.
- J. Free Electives - Choose four courses with an IAI designation.
- K. Minor Electives - The Communication curriculum requires a 15 semester hour minor. A maximum of three minor courses may be completed at City Colleges of Chicago. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs for additional information regarding minors.
II. Required courses for the Communication: Professional and Technical Communication degree:
|CCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 125||Introductory Statistics||BUS 221|
||General Education Math||MATH 130 (Math Elective)|
|CIS 102 or 142||Introduction to Programming Logic or C-based Programming Language||CS 110 or CS 105|
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated February 2019